Even the smallest of local businesses tend to have a website these days, so it is really important that your business has one too, no matter what it is! Your website is often the first impression you make on your potential clients, so ensuring it is well designed, aesthetically pleasing, clean, informative and free from errors is a no brainer.
There are many sites out there that offer free or cheap “build your own” websites, but they often come with hidden catches and costs, and while they can be simple enough to use that you can build yourself a functional website, there are a few things to consider before going down the low cost route …
- Is it really free? Do you have to upgrade to get “premium” features, like using your own domain name?
- Can you really make it look as good as a professional? A poorly put together site with any mistakes can put potential clients off at the first hurdle …
- You are never completely in control of your own site when it is built using one of these free / cheap online services
- If you are paying a monthly fee indefinitely, you will eventually overtake the cost of having a professional site built … and keep paying
- But the most important question is … How long will it take you to build … and how much is your time worth?
My Website Design Portfolio
Visual, contemporary site for a company that does high end glass products
This site was designed by a branding specialist and wireframed for me to convert to an actual online presence.
Author David Dagley
A website to showcase the work of author David C Dagley with blog for press releases.
Design & Build
A new website for a high end builder catering to specific clients.
A sister site to Gas Train, built to offer news and a range of information in an easy to navigate format.
Another site that was designed by a graphic designer and then given to me to turn into a functional website.
LJC Advanced Skincare
A website for a high end beautician, detailing treatments available plus online shop.
A basic single page site for giving standard information on a product and encouraging contact.
A very visual site showcasing the beauty of Norway and the fishing holidays available.
Another site built by a graphic designer and sent to me as a wireframe to turn into a functional website.
The marketing site for an online Analysis Management Platform … which I have also built!